WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. animate, recreate, reanimate, revive, renovate, repair, quicken, vivify, revivify, stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up
- usage: give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"
- 2. play, recreate
- usage: engage in recreational activities rather than work; occupy oneself in a diversion; "On weekends I play"; "The students all recreate alike"
- 3. cheer, hearten, recreate, embolden, encourage
- usage: give encouragement to
- 4. recreate, make, create
- usage: create anew; "she recreated the feeling of the 1920's with her stage setting"
All rights reserved.
See also: recreate (Dictionary)