- 1. poltroon, craven, recreant, coward
- usage: an abject coward
- 2. deserter, apostate, renegade, turncoat, recreant, ratter, quitter
- usage: a disloyal person who betrays or deserts his cause or religion or political party or friend etc.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. recreant, renegade, disloyal (vs. loyal)
- usage: having deserted a cause or principle; "some provinces had proved recreant"; "renegade supporters of the usurper"
- 2. craven, recreant, cowardly (vs. brave), fearful
- usage: lacking even the rudiments of courage; abjectly fearful; "the craven fellow turned and ran"; "a craven proposal to raise the white flag"; "this recreant knight"- Spenser
All rights reserved.
See also: recreant (Dictionary)