Synonyms of record
- 1. record, evidence
- usage: anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events; "the film provided a valuable record of stage techniques"
- 2. phonograph record, phonograph recording, record, disk, disc, platter, sound recording, audio recording, audio
- usage: sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
- 3. record, number
- usage: the number of wins versus losses and ties a team has had; "at 9-0 they have the best record in their league"
- 4. record, track record, accomplishment, achievement
- usage: the sum of recognized accomplishments; "the lawyer has a good record"; "the track record shows that he will be a good president"
- 5. record, record book, book, fact
- usage: a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone; "Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"; "his name is in all the record books"
- 6. record, attainment
- usage: an extreme attainment; the best (or worst) performance ever attested (as in a sport); "he tied the Olympic record"; "coffee production last year broke all previous records"; "Chicago set the homicide record"
- 7. record, document
- usage: a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction; "they could find no record of the purchase"
- 8. criminal record, record, list, listing
- usage: a list of crimes for which an accused person has been previously convicted; "he ruled that the criminal record of the defendant could not be disclosed to the court"; "the prostitute had a record a mile long"
- 1. record, enter, put down, save, preserve
- usage: make a record of; set down in permanent form
- 2. record, tape, record, enter, put down
- usage: register electronically; "They recorded her singing"
- 3. read, register, show, record, indicate
- usage: indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
- 4. record, register
- usage: be aware of; "Did you register any change when I pressed the button?"
- 5. commemorate, memorialize, memorialise, immortalize, immortalise, record, remind
- usage: be or provide a memorial to a person or an event; "This sculpture commemorates the victims of the concentration camps"; "We memorialized the Dead"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of record (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.