WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. accommodate, reconcile, conciliate, harmonize, harmonise
- usage: make (one thing) compatible with (another); "The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories"
- 2. harmonize, harmonise, reconcile, adjust, set, correct
- usage: bring into consonance or accord; "harmonize one's goals with one's abilities"
- 3. reconcile, patch up, make up, conciliate, settle, agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: come to terms; "After some discussion we finally made up"
- 4. resign, reconcile, submit, accept
- usage: accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate"
All rights reserved.
See also: reconcile (Dictionary)