Synonyms of recognized
- 1. acknowledge, recognize, recognise, know, accept
- usage: accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
- 2. recognize, recognise, realize, realise, agnize, agnise, know, cognize, cognise
- usage: be fully aware or cognizant of
- 3. spot, recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make out, tell apart
- usage: detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
- 4. recognize, recognise, remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think
- usage: perceive to be the same
- 5. accredit, recognize, recognise, license, licence, certify
- usage: grant credentials to; "The Regents officially recognized the new educational institution"; "recognize an academic degree"
- 6. greet, recognize, recognise, address, accost, come up to
- usage: express greetings upon meeting someone
- 7. acknowledge, recognize, recognise, thank, give thanks
- usage: express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
- 8. recognize, be
- usage: exhibit recognition for (an antigen or a substrate)
- 9. recognize, recognise, prize, value, treasure, appreciate
- usage: show approval or appreciation of; "My work is not recognized by anybody!"; "The best student was recognized by the Dean"
- 1. accepted, recognized, recognised, acknowledged (vs. unacknowledged)
- usage: generally approved or compelling recognition; "several accepted techniques for treating the condition"; "his recognized superiority in this kind of work"
- 2. recognized, recognised, established (vs. unestablished), constituted
- usage: provided with a secure reputation; "a recognized authority"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.