- 1. deferral, recess, abeyance, suspension
- usage: a state of abeyance or suspended business
- 2. recess, recession, niche, corner, concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
- usage: a small concavity
- 3. inlet, recess, body of water, water
- usage: an arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands)
- 4. recess, niche, enclosure
- usage: an enclosure that is set back or indented
- 5. respite, recess, break, time out, pause
- usage: a pause from doing something (as work); "we took a 10-minute break"; "he took time out to recuperate"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. recess, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put into a recess; "recess lights"
- 2. recess, indent
- usage: make a recess in; "recess the piece of wood"
- 3. adjourn, recess, break up, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: close at the end of a session; "The court adjourned"
All rights reserved.
See also: recess (Dictionary)