WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. receptive, pervious (vs. impervious)
- usage: open to arguments, ideas, or change; "receptive to reason and the logic of facts"
- 2. receptive (vs. unreceptive), open, acceptive, acceptant, admissive, assimilative, hospitable
- usage: ready or willing to receive favorably; "receptive to the proposals"
- 3. centripetal, receptive, sensory(prenominal), afferent (vs. efferent)
- usage: of a nerve fiber or impulse originating outside and passing toward the central nervous system; "sensory neurons"
- 4. receptive, absorbent (vs. nonabsorbent), absorptive
- usage: able to absorb liquid (not repellent); "the paper is ink-receptive"
All rights reserved.
See also: receptive (Dictionary)