Synonyms of recall
- 1. recall, callback, request, asking
- usage: a request by the manufacturer of a defective product to return the product (as for replacement or repair)
- 2. recall, call
- usage: a call to return; "the recall of our ambassador"
- 3. recall, bugle call
- usage: a bugle call that signals troops to return
- 4. recall, recollection, reminiscence, memory, remembering
- usage: the process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort); "he has total recall of the episode"
- 5. recall, abrogation, repeal, annulment
- usage: the act of removing an official by petition
- 1. remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think
- usage: recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection; "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
- 2. hark back, return, come back, recall, denote, refer
- usage: go back to something earlier; "This harks back to a previous remark of his"
- 3. echo, recall, resemble
- usage: call to mind; "His words echoed John F. Kennedy"
- 4. recall, call back, call, send for
- usage: summon to return; "The ambassador was recalled to his country"; "The company called back many of the workers it had laid off during the recession"
- 5. recall, concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- usage: cause one's (or someone else's) thoughts or attention to return from a reverie or digression; "She was recalled by a loud laugh"
- 6. recall, cancel, strike down
- usage: make unavailable; bar from sale or distribution; "The company recalled the product when it was found to be faulty"
- 7. recall, call in, call back, withdraw, take
- usage: cause to be returned; "recall the defective auto tires"; "The manufacturer tried to call back the spoilt yoghurt"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of recall (Dictionary)