- 1. reasoning, logical thinking, abstract thought, thinking, thought, thought process, cerebration, intellection, mentation
- usage: thinking that is coherent and logical
- 1. reason, reason out, conclude, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion; "We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house"
- 2. argue, reason, present, represent, lay out
- usage: present reasons and arguments
- 3. reason, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: think logically; "The children must learn to reason"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intelligent, reasoning(prenominal), thinking(prenominal), rational (vs. irrational)
- usage: endowed with the capacity to reason
All rights reserved.
See also: reasoning (Dictionary)