WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. recognize, recognise, realize, realise, agnize, agnise, know, cognize, cognise
- usage: be fully aware or cognizant of
- 2. understand, realize, realise, see
- usage: perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea"
- 3. realize, realise, actualize, actualise, substantiate, make, create
- usage: make real or concrete; give reality or substance to; "our ideas must be substantiated into actions"
- 4. gain, take in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull in, bring in, get, acquire
- usage: earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He clears $5,000 each month"
- 5. realize, realise, sell
- usage: convert into cash; of goods and property
- 6. realize, realise, harmonize, harmonise
- usage: expand or complete (a part in a piece of baroque music) by supplying the harmonies indicated in the figured bass
All rights reserved.
See also: realize (Dictionary)