Synonyms of realism
- 1. realism, pragmatism, practicality
- usage: the attribute of accepting the facts of life and favoring practicality and literal truth
- 2. reality, realness, realism, actuality
- usage: the state of being actual or real; "the reality of his situation slowly dawned on him"
- 3. realism, naive realism, philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory
- usage: (philosophy) the philosophical doctrine that physical objects continue to exist when not perceived
- 4. naturalism, realism, artistic movement, art movement
- usage: an artistic movement in 19th century France; artists and writers strove for detailed realistic and factual description
- 5. Platonism, realism, philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory
- usage: (philosophy) the philosophical doctrine that abstract concepts exist independent of their names
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of realism (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.