Synonyms of readiness
- 1. readiness, preparedness, preparation, state
- usage: the state of having been made ready or prepared for use or action (especially military action); "putting them in readiness"; "their preparation was more than adequate"
- 2. readiness, eagerness, zeal, forwardness, willingness
- usage: prompt willingness; "readiness to continue discussions"; "they showed no eagerness to spread the gospel"; "they disliked his zeal in demonstrating his superiority"; "he tried to explain his forwardness in battle"
- 3. set, readiness, cognitive state, state of mind
- usage: (psychology) being temporarily ready to respond in a particular way; "the subjects' set led them to solve problems the familiar way and to overlook the simpler solution"; "his instructions deliberately gave them the wrong set"
- 4. facility, readiness, effortlessness
- usage: a natural effortlessness; "they conversed with great facility"; "a happy readiness of conversation"--Jane Austen
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of readiness (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.