- 1. ravage, depredation, destruction, demolition, wipeout
- usage: (usually plural) a destructive action; "the ravages of time"; "the depredations of age and disease"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. harry, ravage, destroy, ruin
- usage: make a pillaging or destructive raid on (a place), as in wartimes
- 2. lay waste to, waste, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge, destroy, ruin
- usage: cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; "The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
All rights reserved.
See also: ravage (Dictionary)