Synonyms of rather
- 1. rather, instead
- usage: on the contrary; "rather than disappoint the children, he did two quick tricks before he left"; "he didn't call; rather (or instead), he wrote her a letter"; "used English terms instead of Latin ones"
- 2. rather, kind of, kinda, sort of
- usage: to some (great or small) extent; "it was rather cold"; "the party was rather nice"; "the knife is rather dull"; "I rather regret that I cannot attend"; "He's rather good at playing the cello"; "he is kind of shy"
- 3. preferably, sooner, rather
- usage: more readily or willingly; "clean it well, preferably with warm water"; "I'd rather be in Philadelphia"; "I'd sooner die than give up"
- 4. quite, rather
- usage: to a degree (not used with a negative); "quite tasty"; "quite soon"; "quite ill"; "quite rich"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rather (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.