- 1. blame, rap, reproach
- usage: a reproach for some lapse or misdeed; "he took the blame for it"; "it was a bum rap"
- 2. rap, strike, tap, blow, bump
- usage: a gentle blow
- 3. pat, rap, tap, sound
- usage: the sound made by a gentle blow
- 4. rap, conversation
- usage: voluble conversation
- 5. rap, rap music, hip-hop, popular music, popular music genre, black music, African-American music
- usage: genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged
- 6. knock, belt, rap, whack, whang, blow
- usage: the act of hitting vigorously; "he gave the table a whack"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rap, knap, strike
- usage: strike sharply; "rap him on the knuckles"
- 2. tap, rap, knock, pink, sound, go
- usage: make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
- 3. rap, perform
- usage: perform rap music
- 4. rap, talk, speak
- usage: talk volubly
All rights reserved.
See also: rap (Dictionary)