- 1. ranking, standing
- usage: position on a scale in relation to others in a sport
- 1. rank, be
- usage: take or have a position relative to others; "This painting ranks among the best in the Western World"
- 2. rate, rank, range, order, grade, place, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- 3. rank, outrank, excel, stand out, surpass
- usage: take precedence or surpass others in rank
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ranking(prenominal), superior, higher-ranking, senior (vs. junior)
- usage: having a higher rank; "superior officer"
All rights reserved.
See also: ranking (Dictionary)