Synonyms of ranging
- 1. range, run, be
- usage: change or be different within limits; "Estimates for the losses in the earthquake range as high as $2 billion"; "Interest rates run from 5 to 10 percent"; "The instruments ranged from tuba to cymbals"; "My students range from very bright to dull"
- 2. roll, wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, cast, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment; "The gypsies roamed the woods"; "roving vagabonds"; "the wandering Jew"; "The cattle roam across the prairie"; "the laborers drift from one town to the next"; "They rolled from town to town"
- 3. range
- usage: have a range; be capable of projecting over a certain distance, as of a gun; "This gun ranges over two miles"
- 4. range, straddle, constitute, represent, make up, comprise, be
- usage: range or extend over; occupy a certain area; "The plants straddle the entire state"
- 5. range, array, lay out, set out, arrange, set up
- usage: lay out orderly or logically in a line or as if in a line; "lay out the clothes"; "lay out the arguments"
- 6. crop, browse, graze, range, pasture, feed, eat
- usage: feed as in a meadow or pasture; "the herd was grazing"
- 7. range, feed, give
- usage: let eat; "range the animals in the prairie"
- 8. rate, rank, range, order, grade, place, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- 1. ranging
- usage: wandering freely; "at night in bed...his slowly ranging thoughts...encountered her"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.