WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. radius, r, length
- usage: the length of a line segment between the center and circumference of a circle or sphere
- 2. radius, straight line
- usage: a straight line from the center to the perimeter of a circle (or from the center to the surface of a sphere)
- 3. radius, region, part
- usage: a circular region whose area is indicated by the length of its radius; "they located it within a radius of 2 miles"
- 4. radius, arm bone
- usage: the outer and slightly shorter of the two bones of the human forearm
- 5. spoke, wheel spoke, radius, support
- usage: support consisting of a radial member of a wheel joining the hub to the rim
All rights reserved.
See also: radius (Dictionary)