- 1. racket, noise
- usage: a loud and disturbing noise
- 2. racket, fraudulent scheme, illegitimate enterprise, enterprise, endeavor, endeavour
- usage: an illegal enterprise (such as extortion or fraud or drug peddling or prostitution) carried on for profit
- 3. noise, dissonance, racket, sound, auditory sensation
- usage: the auditory experience of sound that lacks musical quality; sound that is a disagreeable auditory experience; "modern music is just noise to me"
- 4. racket, racquet, sports implement
- usage: a sports implement (usually consisting of a handle and an oval frame with a tightly interlaced network of strings) used to strike a ball (or shuttlecock) in various games
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. revel, racket, make whoopie, make merry, make happy, whoop it up, jollify, wassail, celebrate, fete
- usage: celebrate noisily, often indulging in drinking; engage in uproarious festivities; "The members of the wedding party made merry all night"; "Let's whoop it up--the boss is gone!"
- 2. racket, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make loud and annoying noises
- 3. racket, hit
- usage: hit (a ball) with a racket
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of racket (Dictionary)