Synonyms of quotation
- 1. citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention, quotation, note, annotation, notation
- usage: a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
- 2. quotation, quote, citation, excerpt, excerption, extract, selection
- usage: a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- 3. quotation, statement
- usage: a statement of the current market price of a security or commodity
- 4. quotation, practice, pattern
- usage: the practice of quoting from books or plays etc.; "since he lacks originality he must rely on quotation"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of quotation (Dictionary)