Synonyms of quelling
- 1. suppression, crushing, quelling, stifling, prevention, bar
- usage: forceful prevention; putting down by power or authority; "the suppression of heresy"; "the quelling of the rebellion"; "the stifling of all dissent"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. squelch, quell, quench, suppress, stamp down, inhibit, subdue, conquer, curb
- usage: suppress or crush completely; "squelch any sign of dissent"; "quench a rebellion"
- 2. quell, stay, appease, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
- usage: overcome or allay; "quell my hunger"
All rights reserved.