- 1. prey, quarry, target, fair game, victim
- usage: a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence; "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
- 2. pit, quarry, stone pit, excavation
- usage: a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate; "a British term for `quarry' is `stone pit'"
- 3. prey, quarry, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: animal hunted or caught for food
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quarry, exploit, tap
- usage: extract (something such as stones) from or as if from a quarry; "quarry marble"
All rights reserved.
See also: quarry (Dictionary)