Synonyms of quaint
- 1. quaint, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: strange in an interesting or pleasing way; "quaint dialect words"; "quaint streets of New Orleans, that most foreign of American cities"
- 2. quaint, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: very strange or unusual; odd or even incongruous in character or appearance; "the head terminating in the quaint duck bill which gives the animal its vernacular name"- Bill Beatty; "came forth a quaint and fearful sight"- Sir Walter Scott; "a quaint sense of humor"
- 3. old-time, quaint, olde worlde, fashionable (vs. unfashionable), stylish
- usage: attractively old-fashioned (but not necessarily authentic); "houses with quaint thatched roofs"; "a vaulted roof supporting old-time chimney pots"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of quaint (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.