- 1. pyrrhic, dibrach, metrical foot, foot, metrical unit
- usage: a metrical unit with unstressed-unstressed syllables
- 2. pyrrhic, ritual dancing, ritual dance, ceremonial dance
- usage: an ancient Greek dance imitating the motions of warfare
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pyrrhic
- usage: of or relating to a war dance of ancient Greece; "pyrrhic dance movements"
- 2. pyrrhic
- usage: of or relating to or containing a metrical foot of two unstressed syllables; "pyrrhic verses"
- 3. pyrrhic
- usage: of or relating to or resembling Pyrrhus or his exploits (especially his sustaining staggering losses in order to defeat the Romans); "a Pyrrhic victory"
All rights reserved.
See also: pyrrhic (Dictionary)