WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pyrethrum, insecticide, insect powder
- usage: made of dried flower heads of pyrethrum plants
- 2. pyrethrum, Dalmatian pyrethrum, Dalmatia pyrethrum, Tanacetum cinerariifolium, Chrysanthemum cinerariifolium, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: white-flowered pyrethrum of Balkan area whose pinnate leaves are white and silky-hairy below; source of an insecticide; sometimes placed in genus Chrysanthemum
- 3. painted daisy, pyrethrum, Tanacetum coccineum, Chrysanthemum coccineum, flower
- usage: spring-flowering garden perennial of Asiatic origin having finely divided aromatic leaves and white to pink-purple flowers; source of an insecticide; sometimes placed in genus Chrysanthemum
- 4. Pyrethrum, genus Pyrethrum, asterid dicot genus
- usage: used in former classifications for plants later placed in genus Chrysanthemum and now often included in genus Tanacetum
All rights reserved.
See also: pyrethrum (Dictionary)