usage: place so as to be noticed; "post a sign"; "post a warning at the dump"
2. put up, provide, offer, engage, wage
usage: mount or put up; "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
3. raise, erect, rear, set up, put up, construct, build, make
usage: construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
4. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
5. put up, offer
usage: make available for sale at an auction; "The dealer put up three of his most valuable paintings for auction"
6. can, tin, put up, preserve, keep
usage: preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
7. house, put up, domiciliate, shelter
usage: provide housing for; "The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town"
8. put up, contribute, pay
usage: provide; "The city has to put up half the required amount"
9. nominate, put up, put forward, nominate, propose