WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pursuit, chase, pursual, following, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture; "the culprit started to run and the cop took off in pursuit"
- 2. pursuit, pursuance, quest, search
- usage: a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria; "the pursuit of love"; "life is more than the pursuance of fame"; "a quest for wealth"
- 3. avocation, by-line, hobby, pursuit, sideline, spare-time activity, pastime, interest, pursuit
- usage: an auxiliary activity
- 4. pastime, interest, pursuit, diversion, recreation
- usage: a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly); "sailing is her favorite pastime"; "his main pastime is gambling"; "he counts reading among his interests"; "they criticized the boy for his limited pursuits"
All rights reserved.
See also: pursuit (Dictionary)