- 1. purl, thread, yarn
- usage: gold or silver wire thread
- 2. purl, purl stitch, knitting stitch
- usage: a basic knitting stitch
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. eddy, purl, whirlpool, swirl, whirl, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: flow in a circular current, of liquids
- 2. sough, purl, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a murmuring sound; "the water was purling"
- 3. purl, knit
- usage: knit with a purl stitch
- 4. purl, embroider, broider
- usage: edge or border with gold or silver embroidery
- 5. purl, embroider, broider
- usage: embroider with gold or silver thread
All rights reserved.
See also: purl (Dictionary)