Synonyms of purifying
- 1. purify, sublimate, make pure, distill, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation; "purify the water"
- 2. purify, purge, sanctify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make pure or free from sin or guilt; "he left the monastery purified"
- 3. purify, change
- usage: become clean or pure or free of guilt and sin; "The hippies came to the ashram in order to purify"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. purgatorial, purging, purifying
- usage: serving to purge or rid of sin; "purgatorial rites"
- 2. purifying (vs. adulterating), ablutionary, cleansing, antiseptic, detergent, detersive
- usage: freeing from noxious matter; "filtration is a purifying agent"
- 3. cleansing, purifying, antiseptic (vs. septic)
- usage: acting like an antiseptic
All rights reserved.