- 1. purchase, acquisition
- usage: the acquisition of something for payment; "they closed the purchase with a handshake"
- 2. purchase, acquisition
- usage: something acquired by purchase
- 3. purchase, influence
- usage: a means of exerting influence or gaining advantage; "he could get no purchase on the situation"
- 4. leverage, purchase, mechanical phenomenon
- usage: the mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buy, purchase, get, acquire
- usage: obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction; "The family purchased a new car"; "The conglomerate acquired a new company"; "She buys for the big department store"
All rights reserved.
See also: purchase (Dictionary)