- 1. Irish pound, Irish punt, punt, pound, Irish monetary unit
- usage: formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 pence
- 2. punt, boat
- usage: an open flat-bottomed boat used in shallow waters and propelled by a long pole
- 3. punt, punting, kick, boot, kicking
- usage: (football) a kick in which the football is dropped from the hands and kicked before it touches the ground; "the punt traveled 50 yards"; "punting is an important part of the game"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. punt, kick
- usage: kick the ball
- 2. punt, pole, propel, impel
- usage: propel with a pole; "pole barges on the river"; "We went punting in Cambridge"
- 3. bet on, back, gage, stake, game, punt, bet, wager, play
- usage: place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
All rights reserved.
See also: punt (Dictionary)