WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. punctuation, interruption, break
- usage: something that makes repeated and regular interruptions or divisions
- 2. punctuation, punctuation mark, mark
- usage: the marks used to clarify meaning by indicating separation of words into sentences and clauses and phrases
- 3. punctuation, grouping
- usage: the use of certain marks to clarify meaning of written material by grouping words grammatically into sentences and clauses and phrases
All rights reserved.
See also: punctuation (Dictionary)