- 1. punch, clout, poke, lick, biff, slug, blow
- usage: (boxing) a blow with the fist; "I gave him a clout on his nose"
- 2. punch, mixed drink
- usage: an iced mixed drink usually containing alcohol and prepared for multiple servings; normally served in a punch bowl
- 3. punch, puncher, tool
- usage: a tool for making holes or indentations
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. punch, plug, hit
- usage: deliver a quick blow to; "he punched me in the stomach"
- 2. punch, thrust
- usage: drive forcibly as if by a punch; "the nail punched through the wall"
- 3. punch, perforate, pierce
- usage: make a hole into or between, as for ease of separation; "perforate the sheets of paper"
All rights reserved.
See also: punch (Dictionary)