WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pulsate, throb, pulse, beat, pound, thump
- usage: expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically; "The baby's heart was pulsating again after the surgeon massaged it"
- 2. pulsate, beat, quiver, move
- usage: move with or as if with a regular alternating motion; "the city pulsated with music and excitement"
- 3. pulse, pulsate, produce, make, create
- usage: produce or modulate (as electromagnetic waves) in the form of short bursts or pulses or cause an apparatus to produce pulses; "pulse waves"; "a transmitter pulsed by an electronic tube"
All rights reserved.
See also: pulsate (Dictionary)