Synonyms of pull up
- 1. pull-in, pull-up, cafe, coffeehouse, coffee shop, coffee bar
- usage: a roadside cafe especially for lorry drivers
- 2. pull-up, chin-up, arm exercise
- usage: an arm exercise performed by pulling yourself up on a horizontal bar until your chin is level with the bar
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. draw up, pull up, haul up, stop, halt
- usage: come to a halt after driving somewhere; "The Rolls pulled up on pour front lawn"; "The chauffeur hauled up in front of us"
- 2. draw up, pull up, straighten up, straighten
- usage: straighten oneself; "He drew himself up when he talked to his superior"
- 3. draw up, pull up, stop
- usage: cause (a vehicle) to stop; "He pulled up the car in front of the hotel"
- 4. extract, pull out, pull, pull up, take out, draw out, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense; "pull weeds"; "extract a bad tooth"; "take out a splinter"; "extract information from the telegram"
All rights reserved.