- 1. crowbar, wrecking bar, pry, pry bar, lever
- usage: a heavy iron lever with one end forged into a wedge
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pry, prise, prize, lever, jimmy, open, open up
- usage: to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open; "The burglar jimmied the lock": "Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail"
- 2. pry, ask, inquire, enquire
- usage: be nosey; "Don't pry into my personal matters!"
- 3. intrude, horn in, pry, nose, poke, search, look
- usage: search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- 4. pry, prise, extort, wring from
- usage: make an uninvited or presumptuous inquiry; "They pried the information out of him"
All rights reserved.
See also: pry (Dictionary)