WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. proximity, propinquity, nearness, closeness
- usage: the property of being close together
- 2. proximity, vicinity, locality, neighborhood, neighbourhood, neck of the woods
- usage: the region close around a person or thing
- 3. proximity, law of proximity, Gestalt law of organization, Gestalt principle of organization
- usage: a Gestalt principle of organization holding that (other things being equal) objects or events that are near to one another (in space or time) are perceived as belonging together as a unit
All rights reserved.
See also: proximity (Dictionary)