WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Providence, capital of Rhode Island
- usage: the capital and largest city of Rhode Island; located in northeastern Rhode Island on Narragansett Bay; site of Brown University
- 2. providence, care, charge, tutelage, guardianship
- usage: the guardianship and control exercised by a deity; "divine providence"
- 3. providence, fortune, destiny, fate, luck, lot, circumstances, portion
- usage: a manifestation of God's foresightful care for his creatures
- 4. providence, prudence
- usage: the prudence and care exercised by someone in the management of resources
All rights reserved.
See also: providence (Dictionary)