WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. matter-of-fact, prosaic, unrhetorical (vs. rhetorical)
- usage: not fanciful or imaginative; "local guides describe the history of various places in matter-of-fact tones"; "a prosaic and unimaginative essay"
- 2. pedestrian, prosaic, prosy, earthbound, uninteresting (vs. interesting)
- usage: lacking wit or imagination; "a pedestrian movie plot"
- 3. commonplace, humdrum, prosaic, unglamorous, unglamourous, unexciting (vs. exciting)
- usage: not challenging; dull and lacking excitement; "an unglamorous job greasing engines"
All rights reserved.
See also: prosaic (Dictionary)