- 1. proposition, statement
- usage: (logic) a statement that affirms or denies something and is either true or false
- 2. suggestion, proposition, proffer, proposal
- usage: a proposal offered for acceptance or rejection; "it was a suggestion we couldn't refuse"
- 3. proposition, offer, offering
- usage: an offer for a private bargain (especially a request for sexual favors)
- 4. proposal, proposition, speech act
- usage: the act of making a proposal; "they listened to her proposal"
- 5. proposition, undertaking, project, task, labor
- usage: a task to be dealt with; "securing adequate funding is a time-consuming proposition"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. proposition, propose, suggest, advise
- usage: suggest sex to; "She was propositioned by a stranger at the party"
All rights reserved.
See also: proposition (Dictionary)