WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. property, belongings, holding, possession
- usage: something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone; "that hat is my property"; "he is a man of property";
- 2. property, attribute
- usage: a basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a class; "a study of the physical properties of atomic particles"
- 3. place, property, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: any area set aside for a particular purpose; "who owns this place?"; "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
- 4. property, attribute, dimension, concept, conception, construct
- usage: a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished; "self-confidence is not an endearing property"
- 5. property, prop, object, physical object
- usage: any movable articles or objects used on the set of a play or movie; "before every scene he ran down his checklist of props"
All rights reserved.
See also: property (Dictionary)