WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. profession, occupational group, vocation
- usage: the body of people in a learned occupation; "the news spread rapidly through the medical profession"; "they formed a community of scientists"
- 2. profession, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: an occupation requiring special education (especially in the liberal arts or sciences)
- 3. profession, professing, avowal, avouchment, affirmation
- usage: an open avowal (true or false) of some belief or opinion; "a profession of disagreement"
- 4. profession, affirmation
- usage: affirmation of acceptance of some religion or faith; "a profession of Christianity"
All rights reserved.
See also: profession (Dictionary)