WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prodigy, genius, mastermind, brain, brainiac, Einstein
- usage: an unusually gifted or intelligent (young) person; someone whose talents excite wonder and admiration; "she is a chess prodigy"
- 2. omen, portent, presage, prognostic, prognostication, prodigy, augury, sign, foretoken, preindication
- usage: a sign of something about to happen; "he looked for an omen before going into battle"
- 3. prodigy, exemplar, example, model, good example
- usage: an impressive or wonderful example of a particular quality; "the Marines are expected to perform prodigies of valor"
All rights reserved.
See also: prodigy (Dictionary)