- 1. goad, goading, prod, prodding, urging, spur, spurring, encouragement
- usage: a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
- 2. prod, goad, device
- usage: a pointed instrument that is used to prod into a state of motion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nudge, poke at, prod, push, force
- usage: to push against gently; "She nudged my elbow when she saw her friend enter the restaurant"
- 2. prod, incite, egg on
- usage: urge on; cause to act; "The other children egged the boy on, but he did not want to throw the stone through the window"
- 3. jab, prod, stab, poke, dig, thrust
- usage: poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
All rights reserved.
See also: prod (Dictionary)