WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. emanation, rise, procession, origin, origination, inception
- usage: (theology) the origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; "the emanation of the Holy Spirit"; "the rising of the Holy Ghost"; "the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father and the Son"
- 2. procession, group action, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: the group action of a collection of people or animals or vehicles moving ahead in more or less regular formation; "processions were forbidden"
- 3. progress, progression, procession, advance, advancement, forward motion, onward motion, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
All rights reserved.
See also: procession (Dictionary)