usage: preparing or putting through a prescribed procedure; "the processing of newly arrived immigrants"; "the processing of ore to obtain minerals"
1. process, treat, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
usage: subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition; "process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals" ; "treat an oil spill"
2. process, manage, deal, care, handle
usage: deal with in a routine way; "I'll handle that one"; "process a loan"; "process the applicants"
3. process, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
usage: perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information; "The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech"
4. action, sue, litigate, process, challenge
usage: institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
5. march, process, walk
usage: march in a procession; "They processed into the dining room"
6. work, work on, process, transform, transmute, transubstantiate
usage: shape, form, or improve a material; "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal"
7. serve, process, swear out, deliver
usage: deliver a warrant or summons to someone; "He was processed by the sheriff"