- 1. priming, preparation, readying
- usage: the act of making something ready
- 2. fuse, fuze, fusee, fuzee, primer, priming, lighter, light, igniter, ignitor
- usage: any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
- 3. flat coat, ground, primer, priming, primer coat, priming coat, undercoat, coat of paint
- usage: the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prime, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: insert a primer into (a gun, mine, or charge) preparatory to detonation or firing; "prime a cannon"; "prime a mine"
- 2. prime, ground, undercoat, paint
- usage: cover with a primer; apply a primer to
- 3. prime, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill with priming liquid; "prime a car engine"
All rights reserved.
See also: priming (Dictionary)