- 1. prim, change
- usage: assume a prim appearance; "They mince and prim"
- 2. prim, compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press
- usage: contract one's lips; "She primmed her lips after every bite of food"
- 3. prim, prim up, prim out, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: dress primly
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dainty, mincing, niminy-piminy, prim, twee, refined (vs. unrefined)
- usage: affectedly dainty or refined
- 2. priggish, prim, prissy, prudish, puritanical, square-toed, straitlaced, strait-laced, straightlaced, straight-laced, tight-laced, victorian, proper (vs. improper)
- usage: exaggeratedly proper; "my straitlaced Aunt Anna doesn't approve of my miniskirts"
All rights reserved.
See also: prim (Dictionary)