WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. previous(prenominal), old, preceding(prenominal) (vs. succeeding)
- usage: just preceding something else in time or order; "the previous owner"; "my old house was larger"
- 2. former(prenominal), late(prenominal), previous(prenominal), past (vs. present) (vs. future)
- usage: (used especially of persons) of the immediate past; "the former president"; "our late President is still very active"; "the previous occupant of the White House"
- 3. previous(predicate), premature, early (vs. middle) (vs. late)
- usage: too soon or too hasty; "our condemnation of him was a bit previous"; "a premature judgment"
All rights reserved.
See also: previous (Dictionary)