WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pretension, pretense, pretence, artificiality
- usage: a false or unsupportable quality
- 2. pretension, claim
- usage: the advancing of a claim; "his pretension to the crown"; "the town still puts forward pretensions as a famous resort"
- 3. pretentiousness, pretension, largeness, unnaturalness
- usage: the quality of being pretentious (behaving or speaking in such a manner as to create a false appearance of great importance or worth)
All rights reserved.
See also: pretension (Dictionary)